Saturday, August 10, 2013

I feel the first post should be from my personal journal, and the one that inspired my blog's theme. Chris




Walking With Mom



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I remember as a child,
    Mom held my hand to help me down the stairs;
    she held my hand to steady me as we walked across the yard;
    she held my hand and walked slowly so that I could keep up;
    she held my hand as we neared the street to keep me safe;
    she held my hand to hold me close to her to protect me.

Today Mom walked to the mail box with me, and
    I held her hand to help her down the steps;
    I held her hand to steady her as we walked across the yard;
    I held her hand and walked slowly so that she could keep up;
    I held her hand to keep her close to me to protect her.

I know the role reversal is necessary, and it is probably the natural progression of our ages, but I still struggle with it.  And today my heart is heavy with the broken-ness of it.  Mom was always the constant in my life - always there, always ready to help, always ready to listen, always offering objective advice, always the stabilizing force for me no matter what was going on in my life - Mom and her love was the constant I could depend on.  And for some reason today the child in me so misses my Momma.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your story or your comments.